- Farm Fresh
- For your Interest
- Agricultural Resources
- About BuyFromTheFarm.ca
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Commencez ici
- Getting Started (How To)
- Support Us
This How-To was created to help those who might want to participate in BuyFromTheFarm.ca but are unsure of how to proceed. To navigate, you have the option of using the book navigation at the bottom of the page, or of using the Hot To menu in the left sidebar to find your page quickly. Each page in the How-To includes comments, which you may use to add notes which may help other users, or to let us know of changes in the How-To which you feel might make it clearer to other users. We will continue to add pages to explain each section of the site.
The screen you see is divided into five sections:
- The top banner which includes our logo, and some site links. If you click on the logo you will be returned to the front page of the site. At the top right corner of the header, you will see a 'Contact Us' link and a 'Home' link. The Contact Us' link will give you the site-wide contact form to send us a message. Clicking on 'Home' will take you back to the front page. Under these are secondary links. The only one visible to a visitor is 'My Pages'. A visitor will receive the message that they must be logged in to view their list of pages. Once logged in, you may use this link to view all pages that you own, and the publication status of the pages. When logged in, these secondary links will also give you direct access to your personal settings, and you will see a 'Log out' function.
- Main Menu
- Right under the header id the Main Menu. As you pass the mouse pointer over this menu, the items will expand, and allow you to choose from a list of options.
- Left Sidebar
- The left sidebar has a number of blocks. The language switcher allows you to switch the base language of the site from English to French, and back. (We are trying to keep up with the translations, but have fallen behind. Please be patient with us.) Next, visitors will see a block to Login/Register. This block disappears once you are logged in. The Search block lets you perform keyword searches for content on BuyFromTheFarm.ca. Other blocks may be activated or deactivated from time to time, giving you, the user, access to featured content or timely functions.
- The footer is where we thank our supporters, give notice of copyright, and in some cases, link back to originating lists. For instance, if you are viewing the page for a Farmers Market, the will be a link in the footer to take you back to the list of Canadian Farmers Markers.
- This is the region of the page that we use to display your content.
All accounts on BuyFromTheFarm are free. We require that you validate your email address when creating an account so we may be sure it is really you. Our users are accountable for their own content.
Our content uses a number of templates specific to each type of page. The template to show your farm is not the same as the template we use to show a farmers market. Each template has been designed to simplify the entry of your information, and no knowledge of web coding is required. All you have to do is to type in the information, click on the submit button, and your information is published to the internet.