- Farm Fresh
- For your Interest
- Agricultural Resources
- About BuyFromTheFarm.ca
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Commencez ici
- Getting Started (How To)
- Support Us
Create or Edit Farm listing
Farms are the foundation of Canada's food supply system. The family farm provides a variety of fresh produce, specialty items, and personalized service that we at BuyFromTheFarm.ca believe is very much worth our efforts to support and promote. Your farm listing is yours, to be changed as you change, and to allow you to keep your information current. Please use our website to promote your farm, and we sincerely hope that, in some small way, we will have helped.
You must be logged in as a registered user to add your Farm to BuyFromTheFarm.ca. To create your account, or to log in if you already have an account, go to User LoginThis link will open in a new window so you do not lose your place here.
The listing content type entry screen shows the following fields:
- Name of Farm/Nom de la ferme
- This is the Title field (see General Guidelines) and is required. Enter the name of your Farm.
- How to Contact
This field set has several items specific to Farm Listings:
- Farmers Markets
- This is an alphbetical list of the Canadian Farmers Markets listed on BuyFromTheFarm.ca. If you sell your produce or other goods at any of these Farmers Markets, please scroll down through the list and select each of the required Farmers Markets using your mouse while holding down the
key on your keyboard. This technique allows you to select more than one item from the list.
- Farm-gate Sales and Pick-Your-Own
- Both fields are required. Select which items apply to you. We strongly recommend that you set these both to 'No' during your off-season, and reset them as and when required.
- Contact Name
- Name of Market Manager or Co-ordinator, or other public contact.
- Contact Email
- The email address of the contact person, or general email address for the market. This address is not published on the site. It is used by our servers to direct any inquiries about the market which we receive using the contact form. No contact form is provided if you do not enter an email address. This address may be different from the one used to create your account.
- Web Site
- If you have a web site, enter the url here, and an active link to the site will be provided from your page. If you have a web site, we ask that you also provide a link back to BuyFromTheFarm.ca from your site.
- Preferred Language (Required)
- Select which applies.
- Products List
- This field set has several expandable product categories which display check boxes. Please check all that apply to your farm. Under Product Detail, you can explain your produce, goods and services in more detail.
- As stated in the General Guidelines, this is where you tell the user all about your farm. Let people know about your history, what makes your farm special, and what they can expect to find when they come. Take your time and put some thought into how you want to present your farm here. Mention any memberships or certifications your farm may have.
- Attached Images
- You may upload your market logo or a photo. Although you are given the opportunity on the screen to 'Choose an existing image', only do this if it is one you have already uploaded. To upload an image, click on th Browse and find the image on your computer. When you have selected it, it will be uploaded to our server and displayed on your page.
- Location and Macro Fields
- See the General Guidelines for these fields.