- Farm Fresh
- For your Interest
- Agricultural Resources
- About BuyFromTheFarm.ca
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Commencez ici
- Getting Started (How To)
- Support Us
Create or Edit Farmers Market
Farmers Markets carry on the centuries old tradition of the Market Day, when growers and artisans would come to town to sell their goods and wares, usually in the town square. The townspeople would gather to buy or trade for what they needed, and the farmers would return home with things that they could not produce themselves.
Today's Farmers Market allows the urban consumer to purchase food which has been freshly picked, giving a flavour experience only equaled by foods grown in their own back yard. We encourage all consumers to visit our list of Farmers Markets, and choose one near to them so they can experience the quality and freshness of produce grown on Canadian Farms.
You must be logged in as a registered user to add your Farmers Market to BuyFromTheFarm.ca. To create your account, or to log in if you already have an account, go to User LoginThis link will open in a new window so you do not lose your place here.
The market content type entry screen shows the following fields:
- Market Name/ Nom du marche
- This is the Title field (see General Guidelines) and is required. Enter the name of your Market.
- Market Info
This field set has several items specific to Farmers Markets:
- Active Months
- Check all of the checkboxes next to the months your market operates.
- Market Days
- Check all of the checkboxes next to the days of the week that your market operates.
- Hours of Operation
- Let us know what times your market is open. If you open on Victoria Day and close on Thanksgiving, this is where you would state that, along with any other qualifiers for your schedule. If you have different hours at different times of the years, state it here.
- Contact Name
- Name of Market Manager or Co-ordinator, or other public contact.
- Contact Email
- The email address of the contact person, or general email address for the market. This address is not published on the site. It is used by our servers to direct any inquiries about the market which we receive using the contact form. No contact form is provided if you do not enter an email address. This address may be different from the one used to create your account.
- Web Site
- If you have a web site, enter the url here, and an active link to the site will be provided from your page. If you have a web site, we ask that you also provide a link back to BuyFromTheFarm.ca from your site.
- As stated in the General Guidelines, this is where you tell the user all about your market. Let people know about your history, what makes your Farmers Market special, and what they can expect to find when they come. Take your time and put some thought into how you want to present your market here.
- Attached Images
- You may upload your market logo or a photo. Although you are given the opportunity on the screen to 'Choose an existing image', only do this if it is one you have already uploaded. To upload an image, click on th Browse and find the image on your comupter. When you have selected it, it will be uploaded to our server and displayed on your page.
- You have no control over this field set. As farms list with us, and select your Farmers Market as one that they sell at, this field set is filled in with the names of the farms. Please encourage your vendors to list with us, and to select your Farmers Market in their listing.
- Location and Macro Fields
- See the General Guidelines for these fields.