- Farm Fresh
- For your Interest
- Agricultural Resources
- About BuyFromTheFarm.ca
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Commencez ici
- Getting Started (How To)
- Support Us
How To Create or Edit an Event
Canada's rural communities know, co-operate, support and live in harmony with their neighbors. Many of these rural values have been eroded in our medium to large urban centers, and most city-bound consumers would welcome an opportunity to participate in a spirit of community. If you have an event like a bake sale, church supper, or town picnic where all are welcome, please list it in the BuyFromTheFarm.ca events calendar.
You must be logged in as a registered user to add your Event to BuyFromTheFarm.ca. To create your account, or to log in if you already have an account, go to User LoginThis link will open in a new window so you do not lose your place here.
The event content type entry screen shows the following fields:
- Start Date and End Date
The behaviour of these fields depends on the 'All Day' checkbox.
If the checkbox is checked, these fields will only accept dates. If the checkbox is unchecked, then start and end times are required.
Enter the scheduling information for your event using these field. Your event will appear in the calendar based on what you enter here.
- Event Type
- Choose your event type. Multiple types may be selected by holding down the
key and selecting them using your mouse.
- Title (require)
- Enter the name of your Event. (see General Guidelines)
- As stated in the General Guidelines, this is where you tell the user all about your event. Let people know about what makes your event special, and what they can expect to find when they come. Take your time and put some thought into how you want to present your event here.
- Location and Macro Fields
- See the General Guidelines for these fields.
Your event will be sent to a site moderator for approval after you submit it. You may still make changes to the page, but it will not be published until approved. This usually takes less than a day.